Re: Headlights

To: Michael Hart <harty47@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Headlights
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 22:32:01 -0400
Cc: Triumph Net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I've always felt that even sealed beam halogen lamps were dim compared
with the headlamps of many of the new cars and trucks available. On top
of that, my thoughts were guided by the fact that when I bought my Stag
it had Cibie halogen lamps, not sealed beams, in the high beam position.
I bought a set of Cibie lamps for the regular headlamp position, with
80W/100W lamps instead of the typical 55W/80W of sealed beam units. Not
only is the lighting much better, it's much more directed. I'm totally
satisfied with the results.

I did do some rewiring though, and ran the headlamps through relays
controlled by the headlamp switches, rather than directly through the
switches themselves.

--
George Richardson
Wyvern - '57 Triumph TR3, TS15559LT -