Re: Paint Spray Problem

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: Paint Spray Problem
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 15:44:05 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/28/01 1:33:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, spitlist@gte.net
writes:

> Most paint guns have a tube that allows the air pressure inside the paint
> reservoir to equalize.  If this becomes clogged (or partially so) the
> pressure will build up until the paint quits being sucked into the sprayer.
>  It finally builds up enough that the clog is relieved temporarily and
> paint begins to flow.
> If this is your problem, remove the tube and run a wire as large as the ID
> of the tube through it to clear the blockage.  Also do the same thing to
> both ends that the tube attaches to.

Bingo! The tube was a little clogged but the minuscule hole into the
reservoir itself was utterly and completely blocked.
Once again the list bests the experts. Or are the experts. After my earlier
post, I went to Home Depot where I bought the gun (Campbell Hausfeld DH6500)
and got an extremely helpful and extremely knowledgeable guy who really knew
his stuff and took a lot of time but still didn't hit on the correct
solution. He (we) decided it may be a problem with the compressor not the gun
because we'd considered everything else.
Obviously not.
Anyway, thanks, Joe. Maybe I can finish this yet.

Jim