Re: Spurious messages

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spurious messages
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 09:25:59 +0100
In article <3d.f03edc8.2892debd@aol.com>, ArthurK101@aol.com writes
>Anyone else having a problem with e-mails that have various files attached to
>them?  For about a week now I have been getting e-mails from various
>addresses (unknown to me but appearing to be valid addresses).  These e-mails
>each have an infected file attached.  The files all have different
>names/extensions.
>
>Below is what the e-mail message looks like.  Of course I don't download the
>attached files anymore.  The first few times my server downloaded them (I had
>it set to automatically do that) Norton Anti virus picked them up as
>infected.  Now I must screen the e-mail messages and manually download them.
>A bit of a pain.  TIA for comments.

This is a manifestation of the most all-pervasive virus since Melissa.
I have received several dozen of these things in the past week.   Keep
your anti-virus software up-to-date, and keep filtering out the file
attachments, and you'll be fine.

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"