Re: Portland ABFM Camping

To: <britauto@ihpc.net>, " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Portland ABFM Camping
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 01 07:04:03 -0700
>While we are on the topic of the Portland ABFM and camping on site I thought
>I'd mention that the venue will change slightly this year.  On Friday
>Portland International Raceway scheduled a group doing street legal
>drags....so we will be moving the welcome party to a restaurant near by.  If
>you want to camp you can in during the day and set up camp....but until
>after the drags are done (around 10:00 PM) you won't be able to cross the
>track and go into the infield.

Will there be any problem getting in with the drags?  Like someone at the
gate collecting $$$ or would it be best to get in early during the Lotus
club races?

>PS TeriAnn...you should bring both vehicles!

I would like to but I do not have a car trailer nor can I afford one just
now.

I brought the TR3A in '87 but brought the Land Rover every year since
then and camped on the track every year that camping has been allowed on
the field.

I usually take about a week to travel the distance camping along the
coast.  Easy to do when you are bringing a Land Rover Dormobile with
sleeping and cooking facilities built in.

But it is the 25th annaversery, and Triumph IS the featured marque, and
no one from my club, Triumph Travelers, has been up to the meet in a TR
in a long time.

I'm plannig on coming. I just do not know what I'm driving yet.

TeriAnn Wakeman               Marigold Ltd.
Santa Cruz, California        Web design, site updating, testing
webmaster@overlander.net      search engine optimization, graphics
                              and more

http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html