Re: Painting inside a frame

To: "Erik Quackenbush" <erik@midwestfilter.com>, "Rob Christopher" <robc@cisco.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Painting inside a frame
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:44:39 -0400
> I think it was Ted Schumacher who told me he was going to fill the frame
of
> his Daughter's TR6 with 2-part expanding foam to keep water out and add a
> little stiffness. Ted, was it you? Did it work?
>
> -Erik

Now that's a cool idea!  MG did that very thing during a safety
demonstration with an MGB GT, the sills and doors and any other hidden body
cavity was filled with foam.  The car also had airbags, a rear view
periscope, and anti-lock brakes.  Crash testing using this car was very
satisfactory.

Good way to keep water out too :)

Kai