Re: TR4: rough, now abandoned

To: steven@cravetechnology.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4: rough, now abandoned
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:00:01 FILETIME=[FE22C720:01C10FD4]
>From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
>To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>CC: greenman62@hotmail.com
>Subject: Re: TR4: rough, now abandoned
>Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:13:23 -0600
>
>greenman62@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >   Try checking you fuel line to the front carb... and the valve
> >   in the float chamber... If skoodge will gum up the works ist would
> >   wind up there.
> >
> >   Another thinh to look at is the needle. Perhaps it had fallen out and
> >   is blocking fuel flow (it's never happened to me but ya never know).
>
>Greg, can I check the valve and float chamber in a parking lot? <g>
>
>Is there a gasket I'm going to hose in the process of checking the
>float chamber?

   Be REAL careful when you remove the lid... I trashed mine, but it was
   about dead

Is there a little screen or something that could be
>clogged there?

    Not a screen. just an eentsy hole that likes to clog whenever sh*t
    is loose in the fuel line... TAke the lid off and remove the float
    (be careful here, the little valve might go away and hide) then blow
    through the valve from the valve side of the lid. You can use the
    opportunity to check the float chamber to see if there's schmutz
    clogging it.

Why didn't I install that clear fuel filter I've been
>carrying in the glovebox for months?

     Aaaah, that would be look with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight:)

     Since you chosen to "live" with an old car let me recommend AAA...
     For the price about $75, they will gaff your TR's body to a
     location of your choice... (If you chose AAA+) up to 125 miles
     away.

     It's smart money.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)