TR4 A Oil Pressure & vaccuume line question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 A Oil Pressure & vaccuume line question
From: Bruce Robertson <mrmomo.geo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:10:24 -0700 (PDT)
Hello, I seem to have a problem with my oil pressure.
My shop manual says that while driving at speeds over
30MPH oil pressure should be between 65-75psi I am
running at about 45psi. Is this going to hurt my
engine? and why am I low (is this a gage problem?) at
idle I get about 15psi (which I assume is normal)

Q#2 what does "the" vaccuume line that runs from the
carbs to the distributor do???  (mine doesn't seem to
do anything) my engine idles the same whether this is
attached or not. is the vaccuume from the carb to the
distributor, or the other way around, because I don't
seem to have any suction in either direction. It also
doesn't seem to make a difference if I block the hole.
Is this only at idle?

Thanks
Bruce

=====
Bruce Robertson "MrMomo"
1991 Custom F350 Dually flatbed
1990 Rio Red Honda CRX DX
1966 B.R.Green Triumph TR4A
"If more is better, too much is never enough"-ec