TR4 A Ground clearance

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 A Ground clearance
From: Bruce Robertson <mrmomo.geo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:01:58 -0700 (PDT)
I deleted the e-mail that was sent to the list, but I
just happened uppon this in my workshop manual

TR4 A ground clearance 6" I believe you said yours was
7" so you are a little higher than original.  As for
shortening springs, you can cut them, but the heat
from cutting them will change their properties - not
sure what to do to stop that - if it makes any
difference I have cut springs on the front of my CRX
and they still work, however the ride is a bit
harsher.

HTH
Bruce

=====
Bruce Robertson "MrMomo"
1991 Custom F350 Dually flatbed
1990 Rio Red Honda CRX DX
1966 B.R.Green Triumph TR4A
"If more is better, too much is never enough"-ec