Re: TR3 Front End Challenge

Subject: Re: TR3 Front End Challenge
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:22:48 -0700
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Section R (Brakes) in the TR3 appendix in the original shop manual, page
3, paragraph 2. Discs : "Under no circumstances should more than .060"
be removed ...".  I don't know of a reference for the original
thickness, but several people have measured new rotors, and reported
they are .500".  So, the minimum thickness is presumably .440".

Of course, there's plenty of margin by design, and the TR3's disc brakes
were overengineered on top of that ... I've seen cars still being driven
with the discs worn to 1/4".

Randall