RE: TR3 Front End Challenge

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3 Front End Challenge
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:38:15 -0700
chammock@iquest.net wrote :

> I would love to put this off til fall, but I'm afraid to drive it
> without rebuilding
> - don't want to take the chance on damaging the pins on the frame
> - or am I
> being paranoid?

As long as the nuts on the ends of the pins are tight, you're not likely to
damage the pins until a much more advanced state of wear than you describe.
There is a replaceable steel sleeve that forms the wear surface, the pin
will not wear unless the sleeve either comes loose, or wears through.

The wishbones are more likely to be damaged, but even that is fairly rare.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver