Re: Triumph decal question

To: michaelgajic@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Triumph decal question
From: Scott Bloomer <flaedersaft@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:52:43 -0500
Cc: sweisman@gis.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Michael,

The patent rights have certainly passed into the public
domain by now. In the US at that time, a patent was valid
for 17 years from the date of issue.

Many products we see on the market today bear the numbers
of expired patents. The philosophy behind patents is to
encourage the teaching of the patentable material to the
public by granting a monopoly for the term of the patent.
once the term of the patent expires the exclusive right
to make, license, import, etc. expire and anyone can use
the technology.

Scott
67 TR4A