TR3 front winkers question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 front winkers question
From: Nancy and Bob Wise <wises@new.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:00:28 -0500
The front winkers (turn signals--mounted in the wide mouth grill) on
my 1961 TR3A are dual filament bulbs.  One filament is for the side
(parking) light, and one is for the winker.  Does anyone know which
is which?  One is significantly brighter than the other, and I'm
suspecting that must be the turn signal filament otherwise you
wouldn't be able to see the winker if the side lights were on.  Can
anyone confirm, or refute, this?

Now that I think of it, the same question applies to the dual
filament rear brake/side light.  Should the brakes or the lights use
the brightest filament?

Bob