Re: TR3 front winkers question

To: wises@new.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 front winkers question
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:08:14 EDT
In a message dated 7/16/2001 10:04:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wises@new.rr.com writes:

> The front winkers (turn signals--mounted in the wide mouth grill) on
> my 1961 TR3A are dual filament bulbs.  One filament is for the side
> (parking) light, and one is for the winker.  Does anyone know which
> is which?  One is significantly brighter than the other, and I'm
> suspecting that must be the turn signal filament otherwise you
> wouldn't be able to see the winker if the side lights were on.  Can
> anyone confirm, or refute, this?

It would be the turn signal (or brake light, in the case of the stop/tail
lamp) filament that would be brighter. According to my Herald books, the
dual-filament bulb is 6 watts/21 watts (probably the same for the 3A).

As I recall, it is the "shorter" of the two filaments that is the brighter
one.

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>