Re: Engine number question

To: darrellw@inetarena.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine number question
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:06:26 +1000 FILETIME=[15F50730:01C10E65]
Darrell Walker wrote:

>According to the BMIHT certificate, my 66 TR4A, CTC67956L
>left the factory with engine # CT68058E.  Sometime between
>1966 and 1981 (when I bought the car) it was replaced with
>engine number CT29449E.  Is there anyway to correlate that
>engine number with the model it was originally installed it?

Darrell,

To find out for certain you can order another BMIHT certificate based on
that engine number ;-)

But as a rough guide my TR4 has engine number CT23332E and it was born on 25
June 1963. I have the recirculating breather system (but without the TR4A
style valve) and Strombergs. Piggots book states that TR4 production in 1963
kicked off in the high CT28000's (commission number) and engine numbers
shouldn't be too far off that. So your engine would probably be off a late
TR4, made in early 1964 probably...

Regards,
Michael Gajic
63' TR4 CT23461 O/ CT23332E