Spitfire wheel width ?

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire wheel width ?
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 00:06:16 -0700
Would one of you Spitfire experts please summarize for me what width
solid (disk) wheels were fitted to which years of Spitfire ?

It's been suggested to me that Spitfire wheels would fit my Sports 6,
and be wider.  However, the wheels on the car are 3.5" wide, which is
the size listed by my Spitfire Haynes.  What's the deal ?  Was I (like
Bogart in Casablanca) mis-informed ?  Or do the later Spits have wider
wheels ?

Also, any BTDT on what tires will fit on a Sports 6 without rubbing
would be appreciated.

TIA
Randall