commission (car) number stampings on body/chassis ?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: commission (car) number stampings on body/chassis ?
From: francois wildi <fwildi@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 00:11:02 -0700 (PDT)
I have just read Bill Piggot's chapter on "Identification, dating &
production figures" in the Original TR2/3/3A book.

I was wondering if the commission number was stamped at "secret"
places on the body or the chassis of the TR2/3/3A like it was on the
Austin-Healey's.

If not, how can one check the autenticity of a commission number or
find a commission # for a car with no title and no commission plate.
(Yes I am contemplating buying one, cazy me).

Francois
TR3B daily driver (and I love it more every day)
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/