3a lower wishbone - inner end

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 3a lower wishbone - inner end
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:44:20 -0400
Update - now I see something I gapped on before. The drawing of the inner
fulcrum has two cross-hatched areas that are disguised as washers. I think
they are really part of the frame of the car. This would imply that there
are NO metal washers involved, only nylon. What a weird arrangement.
So what wears against what? Does the metal tube rotate around the fulcrum
pin, or is it clamped at the end by the triangular bracket being held on by
the 11/16" nyloc nut?
If that's the case, is there anything superior to the nylon bushes i.e.
less likely to wear as fast?
TIA,
Jim