Re: Positioning of OD switch

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Positioning of OD switch
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:07:04 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <biggooner@hotmail.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "John Macartney"
>It's very much a question of personal operating preference and how
much attention you want to pay to originality of appearance.
I'm more accustomed to having a column switch as my Spitfire and GT6
both have them. The PI has a lever switch. It's the difference between
a hand/arm movement off the wheel or just extending a finger tip. I
much prefer the latter.
<

Which explains the odd appearence of the overdrive switch in the TR3.
Mounting the body of the switch proud of the dashboard places the bat
handle within easy reach of the extended finger.  As it turns out the
switch is in almost precisely the same position as the long handle of the
switch of the TR6.  Just a finger tip away.

Dave
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Triumph else it may wind up yours.