Re: Positioning of OD switch

To: <biggooner@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Positioning of OD switch
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:04:34 +0100
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
It's very much a question of personal operating preference and how
much attention you want to pay to originality of appearance.
I'm more accustomed to having a column switch as my Spitfire and GT6
both have them. The PI has a lever switch. It's the difference between
a hand/arm movement off the wheel or just extending a finger tip. I
much prefer the latter.
In its own way this is the same as having door or front wing mounted
external mirrors. The wing mirror requires the merest eye movement
from the straight ahead position, the door mounting means eyes off the
road and a movement of the head - especially to check the passenger
door mirror. Semantics perhaps but they make sense to me.

Jonmac
MG 4305 DLO 1970 2.5PI
"Loving thy neighbour" is fine - until you get caught