Re: [Fwd: Re: ballast resister voltage drop - electrical guruneeded]

To: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: ballast resister voltage drop - electrical guruneeded]
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:29:38 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I never said any such thing.

Someone has a problem with a Crane ignition system and non-stock
resistor and coil combination. I've made a suggestion, based on
experience with the same, that won't in itself cause problems, since it
is a valid wiring setup.

I presented a description of why the Crane setup might have problems.
You presented an opposing description of why it might not, with no more
knowledge of the internal workings than mine. Effectively, you're saying
it shouldn't cause problems because you would have designed it so it
wouldn't. But you didn't design it and *DON'T* *KNOW*. It still has a
problem. Why don't you tell the lister that he's imagining it?

You're welcome to you opinion, but you've offered no help to the person
with the problem, and instead just seem to be intent on contradicting
me, with no basis for it.

.

--
George Richardson