Re: TR Front Anti-Sway Bar - Wow!!! teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f6AKA3F0329

Subject: Re: TR Front Anti-Sway Bar - Wow!!! teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f6AKA3F03292
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:09:42 -0700
>  >Over the weekend, finishing up Sunday night, I installed an ADDCO
>>3/4" anti-sway bar
>
>>I feel "born again".  The TR4 is transformed.  The handling has
>>more of that TR6 front end stiffness.  The drastically reduced
>  >body roll is wonderful.  The car just goes where I tell it.
>
>Yep.  I put one on the front of my TR3A  early this spring and agree
>100%.  Stifening up the front end with an anti sway bar makes a huge
>difference in handling around curves 8*)

No doubt both of you will also be noticing more pronounced
understeer
 if you do, and it bothers you, time to add a rear bar as
well!

Increasing roll-stiffness in the front will invariably either
increase understeer or decrease oversteer
 which of these results
depends on what the steer characteristics were prior to making the
change.  If the car oversteered badly (not very likely) then the
oversteer will be reduced.  If it understeered, then it will
understeer even more with the increased roll-stiffness.  Likewise,
increasing roll-stiffness at the rear will either increase oversteer
or decrease understeer depending upon previous steer characteristics.

--
Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6