RE: Valve Stem Seals

To: GHaynesTR4@aol.com, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Valve Stem Seals
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:03:36 -0400
>===== Original Message From GHaynesTR4@aol.com =====
>No valve stem seals on my TR4A engine, but I recently learned that when using
>silicone-bronze guides, seals should be added to the intakes.  Can anyone
>recommend a source for these seals?

George,

The engine machinist has a supply of teflon seals from modern domestic cars.
My guy just used the best fit based on valve diameter and size.  He then
custom cuts the inside of the top of the vavle guide to accept the teflon
seals.

They work great...  I have NO or almost no oil lose all through the driving
season and get no smoke out the exhaust pipe no matter how I rev the engine.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn