re:O/D

To: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re:O/D
From: Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 21:38:52 -0400
Fred, If I understand you correctly, the heat starts at the very tail end of
the OD next to the
driveshaft flange.

In this location is a big bearing, and the tail end of the annulus and a thrust
washer.
If this was rebuilt recently, then maybe the end float of the mainshat was too
tight (it is very hard
to get it right).  If it was not rebuilt recently, then maybe the bearing has
seized and it NEEDS a rebuild.

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:owner-triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
>From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: O/D

Listers, on the "A" type O/D, the rear part of the casing (where the flange
& seal are located), in my car this gets so hot after about 10 minutes of
driving you cannot even touch it, yes "BURNING-HOT",  it slowly works it's
way up so as the entire case including the tranny is "burning-hot", ,
operates fine, fluid is full (Havoline Racing 50wt), I have even tried Mobil
# 1 75/90 and still it heats up, any ideas or thoughts on what may be
causing this problem.  Thanks  "FT"<