battery switch

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: battery switch
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 20:33:58 -0400
Hello List,

I am ready to install a battery switch in my TR6.  It will be located in
the passenger compartment area.  The instructions say to switch the
positive side of the battery.  Would it make sense to switch the negative
side of the battery instead as repair manuals always instruct to
disconnect the negative battery terminal prior to repairing any
electrical component or anything near the power cable connections.  I
think I would rather have the negative side of the battery in the car
with me.

Thanks for your thoughts and a happy 4th of July to all of you
celebrating the day.

Jay Welch - Abington, MA
Member "Cape Cod British Car Club"
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/
1971 TR6 project and 1973 TR6 driver getting closer to the street