Sixteen years

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sixteen years
From: Nancy and Bob Wise <wises@new.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 22:26:31 -0500
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I think you all will appreciate this.  I'm 46 years old.  My dad and
I have been in and out of LBCs for years, although we have lived far
apart since I graduated from high school in 1973.  Sixteen years ago,
my parents bought me a 1961 TR3A project car as a Ph.D graduation
gift (it's what I asked for).  I have fiddled with it slowly for over
a decade and a half, spending lots of time and way too much money on
the restoration.  After a body-off restoration and totally rebuilding
every component on the car, he and I cranked it up yesterday.

It runs.  It actually runs.  For the first time since 1986, it runs.
We still have to attend to little details like front end alignment,
license plates, seat belts, and insurance but, by the gods, it runs.

We are hoping to drive it to the vintage races at Road America in
late July (only about 1.5 hours away).

It was pretty cool to have him there when it first fired up.

Bob
Appleton, Wisconsin