Re: TR3A Control Head Wiring

To: "David Willett & Carol Gray" <willgray@region.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A Control Head Wiring
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 15:36:13 -0700
Dave,

You shouldn't have to disassemble the control head to remove the wires, the
head has a short stub that just slides into the stator tube which can stay
in place.  I would do that before taking the head apart because it gives you
more leverage to pull on the wires. The wires are a tight fit, but the only
thing that will prevent them from coming out, are the connectors at the
bottom end.  If you snip those off, you should be able to pull them out with
a good tug.  Replacing them is a bit harder.  If you are going to use bulk
wire, not a pre-wired control head, feed the wires in before putting
connectors on them.  I threaded a string through the stator tube, tied it to
the wires and pulled them through from underneath.  Since I was replacing
the control head with one that was all prewired with connectors, I seem to
remember that I had to cut off one connector to get it all to fit through
the tube and then replaced it once it was in.

Hope that helps,
Bob