Re: Left Lane Bandits

To: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Subject: Re: Left Lane Bandits
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 09:28:06 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "J.H. Roulleaux"
>I must say evry time I drove in the U.S. I arrived very relaxed at my
destination,
>even having done 600 miles. In Europe you are a nervous wreck
>when driving that distance on a motorway.Europeans are such
>machos as soon as they sit in their steel-boxes,even females, and
>they are in perpetual contest to drive in front of the others,and will
>enforce their right of way,even if they get killed I deeply feel sorry
>for the poor Americans driving aound Europe in Hire-cars,it must be
>a culture shock for them<

Perhaps I didn't spend enough time in Europe (of course not! every time I
etiquette but the topic was folks who daudle in the fast lane.  It is
rampant here in the states whereas in europe it is terribly gauche and just
not done.  And perhaps it is my A-type personality and since I like to
drive in an "expeditious" manner, I find the open fast lanes in Europe to
be quite a pleasant change.

>Time is money, the sooner you get into the grave the more profit you make
from
> your life insurance.

What a clever turn of phrase.  I like that.  Thanks for sharing.  But back
to the subject.  Driving 600 miles in North American usually entails long
streaches of rural highways which are much more pleasant (and safe) that
driving in the cities.  Driving in Europe with its higher population
density is less so.  And in Europe the mass transit options are much
better.  But that is another topic.

Cheers and stay safe.

Dave