Re: FW: Left Lane Bandits

To: "Rob Pennington" <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FW: Left Lane Bandits
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 02:19:39 -0400
... possibly losing control was the wrong thing to do at that moment and
just
> kept "flying straight and level" and praying the idiot doing the passing
> didn't do something else unexpected.  I don't remember what the bus driver
> did but I had to pull over afterwards to get over the shakes...

I didn't have the shakes, but I remember putting a call out on the CB radio
to the drivers behind me... About ten years ago I was driving east on I-40
through Albuquerque, NM about 1 or 2 am, through the middle of the city. I
was riding in the left lane, all alone(Hey- I am  most comfortable there,
despite where the lawmakers say I should be.) when I noticed a pair of
headlights in the distance, making their way towards me at a reasonable
speed, in the opposite direction. As this is a multi-lane, divided
highway(Jersey barrier) in this section, I didn't think much about it. A few
seconds later, I thought about it again, and shifted to the right, allowing
him to pass between me and the barrier! Seems the gent had gotten confused,
and thought NM went by English driving rules, I guess...lol Anyway, I warned
those behind me, and kept on my way.(I could see nobody in my mirror, so I
wasn't too worried- you can see for a long way in Alb. on a clear night.)
That was a fun trip- BTW: Monterey California to Cherry Hill NJ in 64 1/2
hours, including 12 hours of rest stops.(Rest stop- stop get gas, get food
or a soda, use the rest room, or take a short nap) Drove that by myself.
Wish I was that young again...

Scott