Re: FW: Left Lane Bandits

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Left Lane Bandits
From: DRSkruffy@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 16:47:15 EDT
mhooper@pixelsystems.com writes:

> I don't know about the US but whenvever I drive in western Canada (I live in
> the east), I have fits trying to pass anybody. There the habit of pulling
> over to let someone faster through is not customary. I have seen a highway
> full of cars all going average speed with people weaving back and forth
> slowly passing on through. Really infuriating when you are in a hurry.
> Always amazed me that more cases of road rage aren't reported.

Well, in many parts of Texas the shoulders on the two-lane roads are the size
of another lane and just as smooth. When you come up on a slower vehicle they
will ease over on the shoulder to let you pass. I guess that's the ultimate
friendly driver. Note: Don't expect to see that in Dallas, Houston, Austin,
etc, I've only seen it on Farm to Market roads.