Re: snaps tonneau/TR6

To: Crazeecooter@aol.com
Subject: Re: snaps tonneau/TR6
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 18:21:01 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I run a tonneau cover without the soft top.  I took a stiffener plate, cut some
1/8" hardboard to line the underside of it (and raise the height slightly), then
covered this with some leftover black vinyl.  I then riveted the snaps in the
appropriate holes.  You will need to use backing plates on the rivets to keep
them from pulling out of the stiffening plate.  Carefully check to make sure
that the ends of the rivets won't scratch your paint.  I also used washers under
the bolts to protect the vinyl.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6