RE: Competition manual online

Subject: RE: Competition manual online
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:28:09 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Monday, June 14, 1999 6:12 AM, Ken Bertschy [SMTP:kentop@dakotacom.net]
wrote:

> HI, Ted.  I visited you site and it's currently under construction, so I
> couldn't find the manual for sale.  I also visited a few sites on
> International Copyright Laws. There is a provision that allows for
> "innocent infringement", but I doubt that I qualify for that. My copy of
> the competition manual (which I bought from Vic Brit years ago) does not,
> however, give a copyright date. As a matter of fact, no publishing date
of
> any kind is in the booklet, which makes everything clear as mud. How does
> international copyright law apply to this particular instance? I don't
> know, and I doubt if anyone is going to tell me for less than $250.00 an

I don't know if it's the same, but I was once told by someone who should
know (person attending law school, majoring in intellectual property
issues) that in the US, this effectively means the copyright is whatever
the author says it is.  Since no copyright was claimed in the work, the
copyright holder would have to contact you and notify you that you were in
violation.

Seems _most_ unlikely at this late date <g> but "In an infinite universe,
all things are possible."

Randall