TR6 Fuse Box - part 2

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Fuse Box - part 2
From: mrdr@buckeyeweb.com (The Romagni's)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 20:26:10 -0400
Fellow listers,

Here's an update to my quest for another fuse box for my 1974 TR6.
Thanks to Phil Barnes, Trevor Jordan and Irv Korey who provided
direction. I started with the street rod crowd first. There I found some
13-16 circuit fuse blocks. Nice stuff, but nothing really applicable to
our LBC's. I also looked at AutoZone and other local chains with no
luck.

On the way home tonight I stopped by the local NAPA retailer and found
something which may work out. NAPA has a five circuit fuse block (part
782-2024, $19.00 which includes the governor's take). This item is about
1 inch wide and 2 1/4 inches high with two mounting holes. It uses the
ATO, blade type fuses and has 1/4" side position terminals for input and
output. So far so good.

The only problem I can see is it is rated for fuses up to 15 amps. Will
I be able to run my car with such a low rated fuse? Or, can I put in a
25 amp fuse and be ok? Any guidance on this would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks again for your help.

Marty Romagni
1974 TR6