Re: TR6 Fuse Box - part 2

To: mrdr@buckeyeweb.com (The Romagni's), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Fuse Box - part 2
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 11:34:12 +1000
At 10:26 AM +1000 30/4/99, The Romagni's wrote:

>The only problem I can see is it is rated for fuses up to 15 amps. Will
>I be able to run my car with such a low rated fuse? Or, can I put in a
>25 amp fuse and be ok? Any guidance on this would be greatly
>appreciated.

Marty

It depends why they are rated at 15 A.  It could be the guage of the conductors
in the fuse box, the heat dissipation from the fuses or some other reason.
My first reaction would be to try it anyway.  It is the new fuse box that
is at risk of damage and you could always replace it with the original.

The other option, which Dan Masters has suggested in other contexts, is to
increase the number of fuses from the existing three.  I seem to remember
(I have not looked) that there are multiple connections to some or all of
the  fuses on the load side of the fuse box.  These could be separated and
connected through different fuses and reduce the load on each circuit to 15
A or less.

As Dan has been through the process of designing a new wiring loom for his
V8 TR6, he may have some practical suggestions on how to separate the
existing fuse circuits and what fuse rating each new circuit would require.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U