re:TR4A wiper wiring

To: " Alvamike@aol.com" <Alvamike@aol.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re:TR4A wiper wiring
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 20:24:18 -0400
Well, what are the wires you have isolated?

I assume one is the black ground which goes to the common on the
switch.  Then of the two other contacts:

with the switch pushed all the way in, neither should be grounded.
with the switch pulled out one click, both should be grounded.
   (Call them contacts A & B)
with the switch pulled out two clicks, only one should be grounded (call it
    contact A)

Now, which wire goes to the contact A and to B?

Well, the motor will not run when you ground the wrong single wire.
So, pull the switch out to the second position and quickly try each wire
on contact A.  One of them will make the motor run at high speed.  Connect
that wire there.  Connect the other wire on the remaining post.

Try the switch in the first position, it ought to run at the slow speed.
Try the switch at the second position, it ought to run at the high speed.

Simple, right?  yeah, right.....  I wish!

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
>From: Alvamike@aol.com
Subject: TR4A Wiper Wiring Question

I have another wiring question on my 4A.  I am reinstalling the switches and
the wiring diagram does not tell me which number to put what color wiring on
the back of the W/wiper switch.  I have the 3 wires located.  The switch has
numbers on the back but the diagram has no numbers.  Does anyone have a
better diagram or possibly a wiper control out with the wires still attached
that could look at them and tell me which numbers get what color?????????
<