I hate mondays

To: <paul@bessacarr.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: I hate mondays
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:46:45 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Paul. I went out @ 7:00 a.m. Mon. to mow my yard for the first time this
year, battery had been fully charged during the winter, so here I go, both
front tires flat, start the compressor fill my emergency air tank, inflate
the tires, fill it with gas, gas pours out the front of the carb, gasket is
dried-up. Off to the mower repair shop for a kit, O/S on back-order, drive
14 miles (1 way) to the next shop, O/K $6.00 for the carb kit, repair the
carb, no more gas leaks. Hit the starter, just click, click, the battery is
shot. 11 miles to Wal-Mart, sold out over the week-end, next stock order
Friday,  drive to my local NAPA dealer O/S, avail. Wed., drive the 14 miles
(1 way) back to the mower shop, 25.00 for a battery (Wal-Mart 16.00),
install the new battery, decide I will adjust the belts, remove the tranny
plate and sit it behind the drivers seat, tighten and adjust, hit the
starter, catches on the first turn. It is now 4:00 p.m. and not one foot of
grass has been cut, put it in gear and away I go, suddenly black smoke
engulfs the mower, the tranny cover has fallen over on top of the battery
ground cable and started a fire, I knock the cover off, the ground cable is
burnt to a crisp, I paid my neighbor's kid 25.00 to cut my grass, went in
the house and turned on the 5:oo p.m. news. My wife came in from work and
said the grass looked very good.  "FT"