Re: Revised Diff Mount Template?

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Subject: Re: Revised Diff Mount Template?
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:01:42 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
At 10:13 PM 4/27/99 -0700, Pete & Aprille Chadwell wrote:
snip
>Question is, is anyone interested in checking this template out and maybe
>replacing the TRF one on the VTR site?  The TRF template literally looks as
>though someone took a "Sharpie" and quickly traced around one of the
>plates.  Frankly, it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in its accuracy.
>Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, but I've made a very clean
>"official" looking drawing that I'd like to offer to all concerned, but I'm
>aware that my template may not fit another TR6 as well as mine given the
>varying manufacturing tolerances.
>
>Any input appreciated.

Pete,

I've got a TR250 frame in good shape in my shop. I'll be dropping the diff
and rear suspension realsoonnow to blast and POR-15. I'd be happy to check
out your template on the '250 for an additional datum point.
 Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net - Connecticut, USA
 Stag MkI       Getting Sorted Out
 TR3B           Driver
 TR250 X 3      The BIG Project - Will Be Worth the Wait
 Homepage       http://members.iconn.net/thefryes/