Re: rear suspension on tr6

To: "Pete & Aprille Chadwell" <dynamic@transport.com>, "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear suspension on tr6
From: Cameron Greig <cameron@enterprise.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 99 11:57:47 +0100
>Cole wrote:
>>Has anyone converted to the kit Moss motor offers. Can you give me any
>>insight as to the difference in handling, performance and do you think it is
>>worth it? Thanks Cole

>Pete wrote

>I think that there are many other items to replace/upgrade in the rear
>suspension that contribute MORE to proper handling than the shock
>absorbers.  A set of rebuilt levers with the proper oil in them along with
>polyurethane trailing arm bushings and competition springs and a rear
>anti-roll bar will give you way more bang for your buck than any tube shock
>kit.

Couldn't agree more.My car is setup in this way and handles
beautifully.As lone as the
rear dampers are in good condition there fine.
The way my cars set up ,with ajustable Konis on the front,it handles in a
neutral manner.
There is never any suggestion of oversteer (in the dry) and I would need
to be really pushing to produce any understeer.

Cameron
71 TR6