Re: rear suspension on tr6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rear suspension on tr6
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:27:08 -0700
Cole wrote:
>Has anyone converted to the kit Moss motor offers. Can you give me any
>insight as to the difference in handling, performance and do you think it is
>worth it? Thanks Cole

I think that there are many other items to replace/upgrade in the rear
suspension that contribute MORE to proper handling than the shock
absorbers.  A set of rebuilt levers with the proper oil in them along with
polyurethane trailing arm bushings and competition springs and a rear
anti-roll bar will give you way more bang for your buck than any tube shock
kit.

If you're just DYING to switch to tubes, though, get the kit offered by
British Parts Northwest.  Much simpler and easier to install than Moss's
kit.

In any case, do the other stuff first.

I'm developing my own tube shock kit, which I've mentioned on the list
before, and of course it will be MUCH better than ANY of those (he, he!)
but I'll probably never finish it!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6