Re: TR4A Light Switch Wiring Question

To: DANMAS@aol.com, Alvamike@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A Light Switch Wiring Question
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 22:21:02 -0700
Dan,
On further examination of the Spitfire and TR4A schematics, I have
determined that I am all wet.  Apparently the Spit uses a different fuse
entirely (the horn fuse) to tap the voltage for the flash circuit, where
on the TR4A the one that serves the voltage stabilizer.  So you
apparently your description is correct.  By the different wiring on the
US Spits, they were able to have the flash circuit operate even with the
ignition and the lights off.

One more curious thing I am trying to figure out.  The schematic of the
Mk1 Spit shows the horn fuse is always powered whether the ignition
switch is on or not.  I'll have to re check, but I don't think my horn
honks unless the switch is on.  Oh well, something more to pull my hair
out over.  With the change over from generator with control box to
alternator, a number of those wires were re-routed.  Perhaps that was
one of them.

Regards,
Joe

--