Marginal brakes - help please

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Marginal brakes - help please
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:26:44 -0400
I sent this message a few weeks ago and did not get any responses.  Am
trying again in hope of some advice.

I would like to noticeably improve the brake performance on my  '71 GT-6
(non boosted).  I am already using semi-metallic pads and the rear shoes
are properly adjusted.  Other suggestions/comments please.  Some of the
things I am considering include:  braided SS brake hose for a firmer petal,
custom compound brake pad linings bonded to my backing plates (need
suggestions on sources) to increase coefficient of friction, other
suggestions?  Car is used as my daily driver in heavy commuter traffic, May
till the snow flies (19 Dec this past year!)