Re: TR4A Questions

To: rbailey@snet.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A Questions
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:23:16 EDT
In a message dated 23-Apr-99 08:24:44 Eastern Daylight Time, rbailey@snet.net
writes:

>  Does anyone know if
>  the strips are pushed on or if they have to be slid on? Pushing them on
>  would be preferable, but I'm not sure and don't want a mees at this
>  stage.

Can't help with that.   TR4's had no side lamps on the wings.

> Also, on the front wings there are sidelights with 2 lights in
>  them, one faces forward and one faces the side. My question is this, are
>  they supposed to act as directional signals? (blinkers) Parking lights?
>  or, one for parking and one for signaling? if so, which one blinks, and
>  which one goes on with the headlights?

The ones which face forward are the parking lights.  They should be
frosted/clear -- not amber.  The ones which face outward are repeaters for
the turn signals which are located under the headlamps in the grill.  Hope
that helps.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L ( original owner/still a daily driver)
VTR TR4 (that's not TR4A) vehicle consultant