TR6 goes Click C

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 goes Click C
From: "Eric Lukhart" <lukehart@mis.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 21:26:38 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello list,
I had a badly frayed Positive battery cable that was constantly giving me
trouble.  I started the car up and turned it around in my garage and
replaced the cable with one from TRF.  After I hooked it all back up, I
turned the key and got that tuning fork like CLICK (Just one per key turn)
along with a small puff of smoke.  I am hoping that this smoke came from the
WD40 I applied on the cables.  The battery is fully charged My headlamps,
horn etc all work, and I double checked my conections.  Still I only get a
click.  Any Ideas?  Have I burned out my starter selenoid somehow?  If so
how can I check it before replacing it?

Thanks in advance,
Eric