RE: TR4 engine

To: <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: RE: TR4 engine
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 20:22:56 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Randall,

I went back to the junk yard today at lunch.  The engine number is CT32397.
What's left of the car has a commission number of 31946CT.  The engine,
although dirty appears to be very complete and in remarkable good shape.  He
said it runs.  I have no idea how he would know.   It is NOT frozen up, as I
can turn it back and forth by hand.  The Transmission goes in and out of all
the gears fine.  It does have the "curved" intake manifold as you need, but
it has twin Zenith Stromberg 175 CD carbs, not the SU's.  I found that the
hood (bonnet) is actually in good shape except for a slight "bend"  at the
passenger side near the windshield.  It is not creased!  Just bent up about
2" and could be very easily fixed.  No rust except for some surface.  There
is absolutely no other body/interior part that is worth anything.  The
salvage yard said that I could have the engine and tranny for $195.00  I
could most likely talk him down a little or get him to throw in the hood
(bonnet).    Let me know if you want me to pull it for you.

Bill Miller