TR6 oil pipe from sender to gauge

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 oil pipe from sender to gauge
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:54:56 -0700
I have a '74 TR6 that had a plastic pipe that has broken twice.  The first time
at the sender and I fixed it.  The second time along the line. Yes, I know
there should not have been a second time as I should have replaced the whole
thing.  Anyway I found a replacement that is great! I bought it at Autozone and
it is an exact replacement for my existing unit. It cost only $13.99 and its a
copper tube instead of plastic(no more freak breaks on this puppy).  It is a
Sunpro(by Actron) part number CP7584. Now I've read of some units being
replaced with non-stock aftermarket stuff and maybe my plastic setup was one of
those. Both ends of the pipe have end clamp nuts that are 11mm(which may
actually be some SAE equivalent but 11mm wrench worked perfectly).  Anyway I
wanted to keep my original Smith gauge but hated the failure rate of the
plastic tube(and its involuntary oil changes) so this filled the bill.  The new
copper pipe came with the same 11mm end caps and a few other adapters so it may
have been a universal repair kit.  I like it!

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account
at http://www.eudoramail.com