Re: Tragedy-No LBC content

To: Scott Kohl <sdkgt6@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Tragedy-No LBC content
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 21:28:00 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Scott

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  I work just a few miles from
the high school where the shootings took place so it was surreal to
watch it unfold.  Although my two high schoolers go to another school I
have coworkers who have children who go there.  Fortunately they are
physically OK but one had been sitting in the cafeteria, next to a girl
who was killed, five minutes before he went outside the building so
there are mental scars and the inevitable self-questioning and guilt of
why one survived and another didn't.

It was difficult as a parent to listen to the situation as it drug on so
nearby.  I was literally sick to my stomach thinking of the heartache
that everyone was going through and it's difficult even now not to tear
up knowing what lies ahead for ALL the victims and their families.
Colorado is virtually a State that is in shock.  One doesn't know what
to say and people can only shake their heads in disbelief. While we will
eventually move on it is a tragic event that we, and especially the kids
that were there, will live with the rest of our lives.

Many in Littleton and in the state of Colorado are very grateful for the
outpouring of support and offers of help from all parts of the country.
I can only ask that you pray, to whatever of form of God you have, for
the victims and their families.  And finally give your kids a hug like I
did mine when I got home.

Thanks
Bud