Re: TR6 oil pipe from sender to gauge

To: topdown@eudoramail.com
Subject: Re: TR6 oil pipe from sender to gauge
From: Hugh R McAleer <vitesse@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:45:14 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Steve,

A word of caution using the copper pipe for your oil pressure line.

I did this same fix several years ago on my 250 and the copper line broke
due to the flexing of the motor.  The plastic line is flexible and the
copper is only somewhat flexible.

To fix the problem I made two loops of the copper line.  I put the two
loops just before the line goes into the fire wall.  I did that in the
late 80's and haven't had a problem since.

I got the idea from some old car I saw in magazine somewhere and it
stopped all the problems I had with the copper line breaking from fatigue
from flexing.

Hope this helps.

Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA