Re: TR3 Body removal

To: Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net, owner-triumphs@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Body removal
From: WBabbitt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 08:05:03 EDT
Dan,
When I pulled the body tub on my TR3A (which needed new floors, inner and
outer rockers), I ran angle iron fore-aft above the door openings.  I tack
welded them in on the inside of the cockpit as high as possible.  Two of us
lifted the body off (one outside of each door).  Lifting the body that way
probably also minimized any stress on what was left of the body tub.  It
worked out great.  The floors and rockers are done and I still have the
braces on.  Several times since, I've lifted the body by running 2X4's
athwartships under the front and aft cowls and then a 2X6 running fore-aft
under them.  A chain-fall on the 2X6 at the CG lifted it quite nicely.
Good luck to your friend (so begins the adventure)

Bill Babbitt
TR3A in a bag (hopefully not for ever)
Gales Ferry, CT