Re: TR3 Body removal

To: "Daniel Elder" <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Body removal
From: "Paul Schneider" <schneidr@mc.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 22:05:20 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I'm just at the point of taking the body off my TR3A.  If you life up on the
trunk, you can see the body flexing.  While not everyone feels bracing is
necessary, but I am going to do it.  Rather be safe than sorry.

I am going to support the body by running 2x4's between the hood and truck
hinge bolt holes (on the bottom side, my dash and gas tank are out).  It
will take a 1/4" lag bolt.  I saw this done on another  TR3A, and it seemed
to work well.  The owner lifted the body by the 2x4's.