TR3 Body removal

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Body removal
From: "Daniel Elder" <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 21:05:52 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I have a friend who is undertaking a complete restoration of a TR3. He has
rusty rockers which need replacement but he is also concerned that the frame
might be bent. He would like to remove the body first to check the frame
before going to the trouble of replacing the rockers and repairing the
floor. The concern is twisting the rusty / weak body.  Is it  reasonable to
remove the body prior to repairing the rockers and, if so, how much bracing
of the body needs to be done before removing it. I have a torch and mig
welder so I can help him to fabricate a framework to brace the door
opennings if needed.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks,
Dan