No 3rd / 4th gear!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: No 3rd / 4th gear!
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:59:02 EDT
Hello Lister
I just got back from a short trip -  errands and such - in the 3A and on the
way home I found I suddenly couldn't get it into neither 3rd nor 4th gear. I
made it home in 2nd gear OD @ 4000 rpm ( ~45 mph).
When I got it to safety I shut it down and tried the gears again, with no
luck. Then I popped it in and out of reverse and then lo and behold I again
have 4 forward speeds! Test drove it and it seems fine now.
Any ideas? I did the g-box m'self a few years ago, not too many miles on it.
I'm thinking the interlock ball/rods in the remote got hung up somehow.
Would appreciate any insight.
BTW it is a 4 synchro trans.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A